Thursday, August 18, 2011

Courtni's desk


Sometimes the hardest part of being a parent is relinquishing control. You know like when you are thinking pink and black for your daughters room and she chooses lilac instead. Or, when you find this perfect little school desk at the DI for next to nothing, plan on painting it for said child with dark purple paint to compliment lilac walls and she picks a clashing shade of lavender. (Wow, run on sentence much?)
Oh well, I can't really claim this project, my hubs did most of the work, he is a perfectionist and wanted it to turn out just right. I just wish I had gotten the before pictures taken! :( Oh well, a couple of weeks, several coats of paint, and then you have a cute little school desk. She loves it! She swore she wasnt going to use it when she saw the rust and general yuckiness, but she LOVES it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!